Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My sister made me do it.

My sister, the illustrious KatDoc, periodically abuses me because I do not post more pictures. She asserts that this is the point of The Blog. I tell her "different strokes for different folks" but she kind of has a point.

To wit:



This is the latest in my Theapoesis "series" (this makes me laugh. It's an inside joke, don't worry if you don't get it.) It's a piece I'm making because I've been asked to donate something to the silent auction for Freedom of Choice Ohio's annual Roe vs. Wade commemorative event. Unfortunately, I'm at the point where I have to decide what direction to take her, and I'm sort of stuck. Either rustic-y/ancient-y, sleek and modern, or dark and odd. Or some combination of the above. Oh, and by the way, the event's on the 31st. :}

She started her life as some sort of fashion doll, not a Barbie but I couldn't tell you who she was (nice strong square face instead of the usual Barbie heart-shaped one, which is what drew me to her.)

Her "skirt"/obelisk base is cardboard overlaid with paperclay, which will in turn (probably) be covered with unryu (mulberry tissue).

No comments: